Artwork Requirements For Custom Products
When ordering products with a custom logo, the artwork file must be in Vector format. Vector files can be scaled to any size without losing clarity, which is necessary for custom logo printing. Please use this quick guide to ensure that your custom logo is in the correct artwork format.
What is a Vector Graphic?
- Vector graphics are made up of paths with clean lines and shapes that can be scaled to any size without losing definition.
- Vector graphics are great for simplistic geometrical images like logos, icons and illustrations.
- Adobe Illustrator is the most common software used to create vector files.
- Vector files end with either an .ai, .eps, or .svg suffix in the filename.
- Non-vector graphics, also called raster or bitmap graphics, lose their definition when scaled to a large size.
- Non-vector graphics are great for creating detailed photographs.
- Most images downloaded from a website are non-vector and cannot be translated into vector graphics.
- Non-vector files end with either a .jpg, .png, .gif, .tiff, or .psd suffix in the filename.
When you are ready to place your custom order, please email your vector artwork to [email protected]. If you have any questions, please call our Team Sales experts at 800-688-6709.